Friday, July 29, 2011

Enormous hollow legs.

"Ahh, I'm so hungry, I'm just constantly hungry," I said earlier. 
"That's because of your enormous hollow legs," my brother, Sami said. 
Grandma Millie and my mom laughed, "her legs aren't enormous!" they said. I looked down at my legs poking out of my shorts. They looked wimpy to me, not all muscly like when I was in the field all the time.
"Yeah they are!" Sami said, "look at her calves! They're bigger than mine!" 
We compare our calves. I flex on my tiptoes.
"Damn!! Look at that muscle, yours is way longer than mine," Sami points out the muscle that extends below the other muscle, not knowing that that muscle is longer on women than men, so of course it's longer than his.
"That's because I'm a girl, and that muscle is longer on girls," I say. But Sami is still impressed at my enormous legs. 
I stand on the steps, watching my calves flex and un-flex, feeling my muscles. I don't think that's why I'm hungry, and my legs don't look enormous to me, but it's nice to appreciate my muscles anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment